Thursday, August 27, 2009

Did the Cash for Clunker help the Car Sales??

Hi, my name is Dan Lozott and I'm a car salesman at Ford of Kirkland - Hyundai of Kirkland. I'm just winding down after the C.A.R.S program is over. It has been some of the busiest 2 months I have seen in a while. I have not added up the commissions yet (You never count your money till the dealing is done). I just went over the sales numbers and since 7-1-09 I have been on 67 deals.

In the car business sometimes we need to split the deal as we can only be in front of one at a time and since I do Internet selling I sometimes have 2 or more appointments show up at a time. I had 38 split deals and 29 I did on my own. On the books that is 21 for July and so fat 27 for this month. I have 1 weekend left and hope to pass my best selling month here at Ford of Kirkland when in November of 2001 I sold 29.

During this time I spent a few extra hours here in the store working 6 days a week at about 12 hours a day. Like the saying goes, make hay while the sun is shinning and this Cash for Clunker program had everyone out shopping. The last week of July and the first 2 weeks of August was the most extreme Clunker dealing, then inventory selection was thin. In the Ford line up, we sold out of Escapes, Fusions and Rangers first and have just a couple Edge, Focus and 1 Flex left. In Hyundai we sold out of the Elantra Automatic, Sonata 4 cylinders first, then the Sante fe's Tuscon and just as we were getting going with about 200 more Hyundai's on the way, the program ended. The Accent was a Bargain and sold a ton of these.

I called a a couple people I know at Dodge Chrysler Jeep stores in the Seattle Bellevue area's they started this out with very few cars that qualified for the C.A.R.S program, so yes they were busy, but did not make the sales that the stores that had the inventory with economy vehicles that would get the full Government discounting.

Being in the right place at the right time is what Jim Walen is all about and this time he put the two new car franchise's of Ford and Hyundia of Kirkland in the best place to WOW the sales staff and help our Ford and Hyundai buyers get the best deal for the summer.

We will be re stocking our Ford vehicles, so if your still looking for a Great Deal, Call the Car Guy Dan Lozott 425-295-6170 and send me your request.

Oh by the way we have a great Pre-owned

Happy Motoring : )

No comments:

Post a Comment